Here Are Some March (April) Break Activities To-Do In Toronto, GTA and Hamilton – April 10-18, 2021
Another stay-at-home order was announced just before Spring Break. Most expected that museums and other attractions will open in the GTA when March Break was postponed to April instead. Unfortunately, things took a turn with the number of Ontario cases being rather high.
Although Ontario is under a stay-at-home order, there are still fun activities you can do inside and outside (safely) your house this during this Break.
- Test Your Monkey Skills – Surround yourself in nature while exploring the forest during one of the park’s many unforgettable adventure activities. There are many Treetop Trekking Parks open during the Stay-at-home order.
- Spring Is Here!– An exhibition consisting of a series of five installations with twenty colourful panels that show us where and how spring traditions came to be. FREE through April 25, 2021.
- Go For A Walk – With the nicer weather, go out and enjoy the great outdoors. Toronto and the surrounding area has a lot of offer in that department! Here are some links to the best trails and parks in: Toronto, Peel, Durham, York, Halton and Hamilton.
- Explore Some Waterfalls – Warm spring temperature means melting ice and thunderous waterfalls. Here are 25 scenic waterfalls near Toronto.
- Visit A Sculpture Garden – These gardens are a perfect blend between nature and art, featuring art illustrations from local and international artists.
At Home Activities:
- Spring into Art at the AGO – Until April 16th, join the fun for free for a live virtual program courtesy of the Art Gallery of Ontario, the Canadian Opera Company and Vancouver Art Gallery. Mix artmaking with fun performances and revealing behind-the-scenes tours. Details HERE.
- Spring into SHOES – Join Bata Shoe Museum for everything SHOES this April Break. From exploring new online exhibitions and making recycled crafts to playing Shoebox Bingo LIVE, listening to our Storytime Series and joining us for a virtual tour, there’s something new each day to keep you and your kids entertained! Details HERE.
- The Joy of Beethoven – Join the musicians of the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra in welcoming spring. The HPO String Quartet performs an arrangement of Beethoven’s sunny Piano Sonata in F major along with Grieg’s sprightly and charming String Quartet No. 2. Details HERE.
- Spring Clean & Donate – We always encourage cleaning out our closets and donate any unwanted clothes – a great way to give back, reduce waste, and get those feel-good vibes flowing.
- See Free Movies – As Canada’s public producer and distributor, NFB’s website features award-winning movies, documentary and animated films, pioneering interactive works, and more.
For more links to activities ideas, visit www.todocanada.ca.
Have a wonderful Spring Break!